Specifically, responsibilities would include:
• Update country profiles related to the status of school fees and
school fee abolition policies, and implementation.
• Upload country profiles on SFAI website and SFAI monitoring sheet.
• Conduct literature reviews and provide annotated bibliography on
different themes related to school fee abolition.
• Carry out other support duties related to SFAI, as required by the
Time & location:
• 15 June through 15 September 2011, part-time (20 hours per week).
The duration can be longer based on the availability.
• UNICEF House, Three United Nations Plaza, New York, NY 10017.
Working from home is possible.
The incumbent should:
• Be enrolled in a programme at the Masters level or completed Master
degree, preferably in Education, Social Studies or Economics.
• Possess excellent research and analytical skills and ability to
synthesize literature and complex issues into clear presentation.
• Fluency in English (oral and written). Knowledge of French would be
• Technical – Proficient in quantitative and qualitative analysis
• Managing resources – Organizes and manages information to achieve
defined goals and optimum results
• Flexibility – Works effectively on multiple assignments
simultaneously and adapts to changing demands and circumstances.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills – able to work well in a
• Ability to work independently
Please submit resume to:
UNICEF 3 UN Plaza,
New York, N.Y. 10017
Tel: (212) 326-7294