Who doesn’t need a little knowledge, doesn’t want a little information? But then who has the time to browse tons of webpages? For such busy-bees an ahmedabad based NGO SPRAT has launched a set of short, crisp EIGHT daily and TWO weekly e-zines [electronic magazines] averaging a hundred words each as part of it’s social service initiative.
“click http://www.sprat.in and subscribe our news letter .You will be automatically subscribed to all these e-zines. Digest for a few days. Then you can unsubscribe what you don’t need. For early birds registration is completely free. You are in time if you are not asked for a credit card!” A SPRAT official said.
Here is what is offered:
(1) Tech-Tips: Daily
– Power Tips for power user of Computers, Mobiles and Office machines [Windows, MS Office, MS Outlook, Internet browsing and mailing, and Mobile usage]
(2) How Things Work: Daily
– Brief explanation of the working behind everyday machines and processes
(3) Today’s Quote: Daily
– Presenting inspirational, motivational and witty quotes that provoke reasoned rethink
(4) This Day Yesterday: Daily
– Explaining a major historic event impacting human life that occurred this day in the past
(5) Today’s Hero: Daily
– Introducing the scientist, explorer, inventor.. born this day, and the significance of his / her work for humanity
(6) Tip of the Day: Daily
– Creative, rational tips for better everyday living.
(7) Personality of the Week:Weekly
– Profiling a person who has been in Indian news for positive and constructive public welfare activities.
(8) Jargon in the News: Weekly
– Terms explaining a technical term [legal, economic, finance, IT,marketplace etc] that may be current in the news
(9) World Today: Daily
– Events or happenings of the Day occurred in different parts of the World with emphasis on the Indian sub- continent [with news URLs]
(10) India Today: Daily
– Events or happenings of the Day relevant to India / Indians [with news URLs]